2019 International Conference
Conference Chair: Brian Harney, Dublin City University Program Chair: David G. Collings, Dublin City...Read More
2016 HR International Conference in Sydney
After the first International Conference of the HR Division of the Academy of Management (HRIC) in B...Read More
Distinguished Human Resource Executive Award
The award is given to executives who have distinguished themselves throughout their careers in the field of human resources management.
In support of the HR Division’s goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations from as diverse a population as possible.
- Contribution to HR practice. The executive should not only be recognized for a distinguished career and contribution to his/her organization, but should be respected in the broader community of HR professionals for advancing the field through effective leadership.
- Contribution to HR research. The candidate should be someone who has actively supported research in HR either through institutional collaboration or personal involvement within his/her organization.
- Contribution to HR education. The candidate should be someone who has consistently supported education, training, and continuous learning in the field of HR. This might include involvement in professional organizations, academic institutions, and/or corporate learning.
Nominations for this award should adhere to the following procedures:
- Only senior level HR executives may be nominated for the award.
- Nominations may be submitted by any member of the HR Division.
- To nominate an individual, please provide a copy of the nominee’s CV (or equivalent) and a 2-page letter outlining the nominee’s contributions. Additional information will not be considered. Nominees need not be informed that they are candidates for this award.
- Winners will be expected to attend the Academy of Management Meeting to present an 8 to 12 minute invited address to the Division.