2019 International Conference
Conference Chair: Brian Harney, Dublin City University Program Chair: David G. Collings, Dublin City...Read More
2016 HR International Conference in Sydney
After the first International Conference of the HR Division of the Academy of Management (HRIC) in B...Read More
Ralph Alexander Best Dissertation Award
The Ralph Alexander Dissertation Award is given to the author of the best doctoral dissertation in the field of human resource management. In order to be eligible for this award, a dissertation must address a phenomenon that is of importance to the human resources field and have been completed with 24 months prior to the submission deadline. The award winner will be announced at the Academy meeting during the HR Division Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and a $500 honorarium.
In support of the HR Division’s goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations from as diverse a population as possible.
- The significance and importance of the problem to human resources.
- The extent to which the design, findings, or orientation advances research or theory.
- Given the length allotment, special attention will be paid to the conceptual development of the paper.
Nominations should adhere to the following procedures:
- An entrant should submit an electronic copy of their paper via the ‘Nominate’ button on this page. Papers are limited to a maximum of 50 double-spaced pages (including title page, abstract, text, figures, tables, references, footnotes, appendices, etc.).
- The name of the submitter, his/her institutional affiliation, current mailing address, and phone number should appear only on the title page.
- A submitter must provide a letter from his/her dissertation chair specifying (a) that the paper submitted adequately represents the completed dissertation, and (b) the date the dissertation was accepted by the university.
- A paper may be submitted only once.