2019 International Conference
Conference Chair: Brian Harney, Dublin City University Program Chair: David G. Collings, Dublin City...Read More
2016 HR International Conference in Sydney
After the first International Conference of the HR Division of the Academy of Management (HRIC) in B...Read More
Scholarly Achievement Award
The Human Resources Division’s Scholarly Achievement Award will be presented to the author(s) of the most significant article in human resource management published in recognized journals and research annuals that are generally available to Division members. Publications may be empirically or non-empirically-based. Nominated papers must have a publication date of 2017. Award recipients need not belong to the Academy or to the Human Resources Division.The award winner will be announced at the Academy meeting during the HR Division Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and a $500 honorarium.
In support of the HR Division’s goal of increasing member involvement and its international reach, we strongly encourage nominations from as diverse a population as possible.
- The significance and importance of the problem to human resources
- The extent to which the design, findings, or orientation advances research or theory
- The likelihood that the paper will be widely cited in future published work
Nominations should adhere to the following procedures:
- A committee of HR Division members from multiple regions of the world will oversee the selection process.
- Nominated articles can be peer-nominated, self-nominated, or nominated by the Committee provided the nominated article meets the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be based on the extent to which the article has advanced scholarship in HRM.
- Those interested in nominating an article for the award should send their nominations via the ‘Nominate’ button located above. Please include all information as an attachment.
- The nomination should include:
- Full names of all the authors
- Title of the article
- Journal in which the article appeared, including year of publication, volume, issue, and page numbers
- A copy of the full article, including references, tables, and appendices